1. WOD 3 Run/Squat: The 13-min time cap applies to the entire workout. You are REQUIRED to rest one full minute after you complete your run, before you are allowed to touch your barbell. At that minute mark, your 2 minutes of back squats begin. If your run takes you more than 10 minutes, you will still need to rest the full minute before squatting, and you will simply have less than 2 minutes to get in as many squats as you can. If you complete your run in 12 minutes or more, you will get a zero for the back squat score. The run counts as 50% and the squat counts as 50%.
2. WOD 4: Kettle bell snatches: The bell must settle on the floor completely in between hands/reps, but you can pick up the bell and stand up with it before beginning your snatch. In other words, you can lift the bell in a deadlift fashion and then swing it to get momentum for the snatch. You do NOT need to begin the snatch from a dead stop on the floor.
3. WOD 4: Pistols: If you are in a weighted category, the pistol weight will be the same kettle bell you used for your snatches. If you are in an unweighted pistol division, you are permitted to hold your weight if you choose to do so. This will not get you more points, but some people prefer to do pistols with a weight in hand. You can only use the kettle bell you used during snatches.
The non-standing FOOT AND ENTIRE LEG cannot touch the standing leg throughout the entire movement. In other words, no wrapping of your leg around the other leg, no placing your foot on the opposite quad, etc. The non-standing leg must be completely away from your body and the floor during the entire quat.
4. WOD 1: Cleans must COME FROM THE FLOOR with the barbell traveling up the entire time. This means you cannot deadlift and then go from a hang clean position. Once the momentum of the bar stops going up, the lift is a failed rep and you must begin again from the floor. However, once the bar is successfully brought to the shoulders, you can re-attempt an overhead lift if you fail. You do not need to go back to the floor.
THE ONLY TIME YOU CAN DO MORE THAN ONE REP AT ANY BARBELL IS FOR TIE BREAK PURPOSES. For every bar except the final bar in the ladder, that will mean deadlifting as many times as you can at the bar one higher from your final successful lift. For athletes who complete the entire ladder, the tie break will mean you will be able to do an AMRAP of clean and jerks at that bar. 1 point for each clean and 1 point for each lift overhead. However, you must do ground to overhead and cannot just cycle additional cleans.
5. WOD 5: Thrusters: You cannot stop at the shoulders in a front squat position and then press or push press or jerk the bar overhead. The bar must travel up from the bottom of the squat to the top of the overhead position. If you pause as you are getting to a lockout overhead, that is fine, as long as the bar DOES NOT TRAVEL DOWN AT ALL.
Also, there is NO JERKING ALLOWED IN THE THRUSTERS, which means you CANNOT REBEND YOUR KNEEDS as you get the bar overhead. Your momentum must continue going up at all times. Please don’t mess with this and try to test your judge. Just don’t jerk your thrusters. :)
6. Online ticket sales are CLOSED. As we mentioned in a previous email, those were only open till Tuesday. We will accept cash only at the door for ticket sales. Kids 12 and under get in free.